Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Eternal Hunger For Chocolate

Alright, forget blood. I'm needing me some chocolate!

Adam and I just started this detox diet with his family. We agreed we would eat nothing but chicken, fish and vegetables for two weeks, and then follow a strict non-sugar/carb diet for four more weeks. I know, I know, what a wonderful way to start the 2011 year. If you're a rabbit that is. Did I mention you have to drink this "poo" drink in the morning that makes you feel like you are on an episode of Fear Factor? The people that created this torture regiment were not messing around. However, I can't complain. I've already lost 5 pounds, and have ten times more energy. The side effect: the extreme lust for anything chocolate. I actually sniffed a box of chocolate donuts at work for a good two minutes, before I noticed that people were watching. I now consider myself a full-out recovering choco-holic. At least I admitted it, that's the first part to recovery right?

The point of the story? I can now fully understand Lucas's relationship with blood. He knows it leads to bad things, and yet his urge to stop cannot fight the power of the creamy, luscious, dark, melt in your mouth taste. I must admit, if I don't get a candy bar soon, someone might get hurt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here, here!